How to win the AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship in the USA 2023
The annual AU Emerging Global Leaders Scholarship is one of the most coveted awards for students entering global leadership programs. Each year, more than 800 students from around the world apply to be part of this exclusive club. Winners receive a tuition-free two-year program at Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts and a scholarship of $50,000. To win, you have to go the extra mile! Here are some helpful tips on how to win the AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship in the USA 2023:
The Emerging Global Leader scholarship is one of the most sought after education prizes in the United States. The competition to win this scholarship is intense and requires a great deal of intestinal fortitude. To be eligible for this prestigious award, you must: • Be a high school student majoring in Computer Science or any related field • Live in the U.S.A. at least one year prior to applying For more information about how to apply, keep reading...
The annual Emerging Global Leaders competition is a famous platform for up-and-coming students in international relations. While the scholarship is not that accessible to international students, it’s still one of the best ways to win recognition for your academic and professional achievements. The competition was established in 2011 as the AU Emerging Global Leadership Scholarship and is organized by the American University in Washington DC. Each year, a group of six to 10 semifinalist students are invited to attend a conference where they participate in various seminars, workshops, and debates with other finalists from around the world. The winners take home $1,000 each for their participation.
Read Also: How to Apply for Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2022-24 in UK
How to win? You need to be an outstanding student and demonstrate exceptional promise as an emerging global leader throughout your undergraduate career at AU. The following tips will help you win this scholarship: – Know what you want before applying: Do some research about which events or conferences are hosted by AU and view past winners’ profiles on Facebook (if available). – Write good applications: Keep it concise and include all relevant information requested on your application form. – Practice communicating with people: Networks are key when applying for scholarships. Make sure you have strong personal bests when writing your essay or case study of leadership under pressure. You can practice your communication skills on social media such as Facebook and Twitter before applying for the scholarship!
About The Scholarships
The American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship 2022-23 is an excellent opportunity for international students from any underrepresented and diverse socioeconomic background in the United States. The scholarship is offered by American University. This scholarship, offered by the American University, is intended to assist and encourage members of underrepresented communities to pursue graduate education within an international setting.
It is intended to do so in a manner that is respectful of the values of diversity and inclusion held by the students themselves while at the same time providing educational opportunities to students from other countries. The AU Emerging Leadership program in the United States is actively contributing to the realization of the program's defined vision, which is to prepare future leaders in every nook and cranny of the world. This program is housed under a single tree with multiple branches that are comprised of academic excellence, leadership, development, and global engagement.
You will find that the opportunity to receive an international scholarship from American University will be an invaluable asset to your future professional endeavors. The university's mission is to cultivate a culture that is welcoming to all members of society by fostering the personal growth and professional advancement of members of segments of our population that are traditionally underserved.
Read Also: How to Apply Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship in USA 2023
The AU EGL scholarship program envisions taking commitments from the students to return home after completing their degrees and bring about positive civic and social change in their home countries by utilizing the knowledge gained during their time spent in the United States. In addition, life at AU is packed with a multitude of opportunities to form communities, have an effect on the world, and cultivate cooperative relationships that will endure for a long time.
The purpose of the AU scholarship abroad
The purpose of the AU scholarship abroad is to empower you in a way that is truly unique to become a change agent in the real world. Students at American University are encouraged to explore their interests and pursue their passions while they are in the United States by participating in a variety of student activities, diversity support programs and events, opportunities to serve the community, and other activities.
In addition, the student support office serves as a provider of services to the students on campus because it handles matters pertaining to the students' health and wellness, as well as conduct resolution, conflict resolution, and a food pantry. In addition to the myriad of other advantages, the government of the United States of America offers students a centralized facility of housing and residence in order to provide them with an atmosphere that is analogous to that of a home.
The most fortunate students will first participate in an inspiring orientation to kick off their pursuit of the AU scholarship in the United States. During the course of their stay, they will be connected with the other students and seniors at AU, made aware of the resources, and given the opportunity to feel excited about beginning their journey with full enthusiasm. This American leadership program provides additional classes that are cutting-edge, forward-thinking, and potentially game-changing in order to pave the way for development all over the world.
Read Also: How to Apply for the Harvard University MBA Scholarship Program in the USA
Because it is a student-centered research institution that is widely acknowledged as a highly-ranked institution internationally, graduating from American University is a commendable opportunity. Getting enrolled at American University is also an honorable opportunity. In addition to that, the institute is represented by the process of bringing about significant change all over the world. At American University (AU), passion is turned into action, and current leaders mentor students to become tomorrow's leaders.
- Host City/Country: Washington DC, USA.
- Host University: American University.
- Program Level: Graduation level.
- Program Duration: The duration of the American University scholarships in USA is for four years.
The benefits of receiving an AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship in the United States are as follows:
- Full tuition fee.
- A provision for the room
- Additional expenses that can be billed to the customer are also covered.
- It will broaden your understanding of the culture of the United States.
The following descriptions are of the eligibility requirements for the AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship in the USA 2022-23:
- Students who are currently enrolled in secondary or high school education and are on track to graduate by June 2023 are eligible to submit an application.
- Students who are citizens or students of the United States of America are ineligible to apply.
- Students who are enrolled in the IB program should make it a goal to graduate with a full diploma and should have completed at least three subjects at the Higher Level.
- Before August 2023, students pursuing British A levels will be required to have completed 13 years of schooling and earned at least three A levels.
- A minimum grade point average of 3.8 out of 4.0 in the ninth through twelfth grades.
- They are dedicated to displaying qualities of leadership, such as volunteerism, community service, and development in their home nation.
- Students who come from varied underdeveloped backgrounds and have faced a variety of obstacles in their lives are given preference.
- To fulfill the requirements for the English language:
- IBT TOEFL score of at least 95 with subscores of at least 24 on the paper-based test and at least 20 in all other categories.
- IELTS score of 0 or higher with individual subscores of 6.0 or higher.
- At least a 33 on the reading portion of the SAT.
- A minimum score of 29 on the ACT English test.
- Minimum score of 65 on the PTE.
- 120 or higher in Duolingo, with each component score being at or above 110.
- a total score of 185 or higher on the Cambridge Assessment English, with each component having a minimum score of 169.
Read Also: How to Apply the Global UGRAD Program in the USA - A Guide for Students>>>
Selection criteria for the AU Scholarship:
- Competitive rating.
- Quality of essay submitted.
Documents required for the Scholarship:
- Complete the application form.
- Proof of Language proficiency.
- Financial certificates.
Instructions on How to Apply
- Students are required to apply by filling out the AU EGLS application form, which can be found on the official website.
- On the future eagle portal, you will need to upload both the bank letter and the AU finance-related certificates.
- Completing the Common Application and submitting the required materials are both required steps.
- Complete the application to the best of your ability, and then send it in.